Did the Meeks have motive?

Re: Mere Meeks Coincidences

Postby Magnum PI » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

There are three main reasons that people kill.

Jealousy
Greed
Revenge

In this case IMO it's all about revenge! But your right D ! And I'll say it again!! The answer is right in front of us, there are to many lies in this case by, well pretty much the entire community! The cops lied. The Meeks lied. In fact I can't think of anyone involved in this case that hasn't lied ! You are right about one thing! We need to find out everything thing about the victims and that's where you'll find the answer!

I have always felt that there is something missing in this case. Something big!! And even though most everything points to M&B there are Times that I feel it someone all together different. Don't ask why because I can't explain it myself!! Just can't put my finger on it yet!!

When I first joined this forum one of the things I posted was that Bo was mad as hell that Sue rejected him and said" who does that bitch think she is " I'll show her! I think M&B were both gonna take a crack at her and they were interrupted ! And Im pretty damm sure they got Tina before killing her!

As far as the Meeks go, you know damm well theyre lying!! As close as they were to everybody they know alot more than they're saying. There's some cover up there too and they may be protecting one of their own!
Magnum PI

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:35 am

I've stated this theory before, but I feel this is the right place to state it again:

Marilyn used Wade Meeks as a surfboard to get out of her shitty marriage. She admits as much, quite openly. But how did she use him?

It's not inconceivable to me that Mariloon, with or without Wade's knowledge, wrecked a drug deal Marty was in on by making some or all of the stash go missing. ("Where's the dope, Meeks?") And then blamed it on John and Dana.

Loon was aware that Marty hated Johnny and didn't think much of teenagers in general. There's some subtle hints in her old posts that she got Johnny beaten up by Marty for being rude to her. She'd already thrown Sue (who by all accounts was nothing but nice to her and her kids) under a bus, regarding the divorce. It's really not a stretch.

But why would she be so elaborate about it?

Marty had hunted her down across the country in the past. He pulled a gun on her and the kids. He was violent, unpredictable. And she was some kind of freakin masochist that had to give in to him, every time. I can totally see this as yet another massive responsibility-dodge. Why go through the police as a battered wife, why admit to their druggy lifestyle while asking for help, when she could with a bit of planning bung Marty in jail, no questions asked of her, and ride off into the sunset with her toyboy and a assured source of short term income?

And the drugs explains a pile of other bullshit. Dee Lake. Manic, bullshitting kids all over the map. Spang, Chuck, Henry, all the cars hanging around. Mamas protecting their wayward kids. There was a massive deal going down, IMO. Huge. Maybe Bo hooked it up. Word was out - this was happening. Much excitement to be had -- or would have been had, if the stash had not gone missing. Oops. Angry higher-rung-in-food-chain-dealers. Somebody had to be to blame - and if this is what happened, I will eat my tin foil hat if it wasn't Marilyn who pointed the finger squarely at cabin 28.

I think she was counting on Marty messing up and abusing Sue/the kids and being slung in jail so she'd have a little breathing room to get out. If this is so, I highly doubt she expected the consequences that came about from her actions.

Drugs explains the weirdness and reticence of witnesses. Coming forward with the truth would have been admitting to being a meth/heroin/coke/whatever user or dealer and hey, who's gonna do that for the sake of Justice? Nobody around those parts. It also makes a lot of sense out of Doug Thomas & pals' actions, in general..

I could be wrong, and I'm not afraid to be wrong, if I am. But this is the most sense I've been able to make of these murders in context with the bigger picture, which is bigger even than any of this but I'm not going into it for relevancy's sake.

Anyhow, cheers Mr. D. This is not easy. And yes - what you said, about Bo's family. That's some real gumption, right there.
Ausgirl

Postby Magnum PI » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 am

Wow Aus!! That's pretty damm smart thinking on your part! Never thought that Mariloon may have started the whole thing. But it makes sense, all the druggies waiting for drop. Get there tweak and make some cash ! But oops the drugs go missing and the Sharps pay for it!
Magnum PI

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 am

I hope to see someday soon that this case has been solved and given closure. It won't be through this board, though.

Dmac's not the only one here, you know. And we probably won't solve the crime, you're right there. But neither has LE in 30 damn years so I think we don't suck too much in comparison.

Foul-mouthed or not, Dmac's done the hard yards in pulling sense of what was an almost irrevocably tangled mess of fact and fiction. I too wish he'd quit the excessive and unnecessary cussing, but I can kinda get past it if that's how it is, since we're still all collectively chipping away at the crime and that's what matters.

Isn't it?

That said, for the love of Mike (no, not Crim) -- D, please quit cussing so much. It just leads to blowouts and such, and free speech or not, there's a limit to what people will listen to. And we WANT people to listen -- don't we?

Hopefully we can get back to what's important now, resume transmission and not derail the thread any more than it has been.
Ausgirl

Postby Chichibcc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Ausgirl wrote:Dmac's not the only one here, you know. And we probably won't solve the crime, you're right there. But neither has LE in 30 damn years so I think we don't suck too much in comparison.

Heck, I think everyone on this forum has done more to try solving the case during the past several years than what PCSO has done in 30....
Chichibcc

Postby Magnum PI » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Good advice Aus ! This case is frustrating and I myself have cussed on more than one occasion but I try not too! Some of the language is offensive, I'm bothered more by cussing combined with the words God or Jesus! D has done alot fir this case I hope that everyone can get along and move forward. We are all here for the same reasons, I hope!
Magnum PI

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Well, I dunno about you Mags, but I'm here for the margaritas.

Back to the Meeks. Has anyone read the book that one guy wrote (did he ever publish it?) who had the 'Meeks Theory'? I am not saying I hold any similar theory, just I thought perhaps his research could come in handy in detangling some stuff.

Has anyone ever asked Sheila about the timeline conflict issue? Cause that'd like.. make sense! If not - Sheila, could you shed some light on that, please?
Ausgirl

Postby tinkerbell » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:41 am

Aus,
Unfortunately I do not remember what I told them about Johnny's where abouts that day/night. I know Johnny did spend a lot of time at the Meeks' house.
tinkerbell

Postby Ausgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks, everyone, for helping out there.

I guess what we're left with is the timeline, for now.

The time around 10am - 3pm is really confusing as far as John and Dana's movements go.

9:30 am

810411-0930a Sue, Sheila, Ricky, Greg and Justin drive to Quincy. Sue drops Ricky and Justin off at ball practice at field adjacent to Gansner Park and then drives to the Meeks residence. Sheila walks to Alice T.’s residence (Alice is Henry T.’s sister).

10:15 am

810411-1015a Sue telephoned Sheila at Alice T.’s house. Sue, Sheila and Greg then drove toward home. They picked up Johnny and Dana, who had been hitchhiking near Gansner Park.

11:00 am

810411-1100a Richard M. says he was with Johnny at the Holiday Market from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm when one of the Dorises drove up and let Dana out and then the three of them went to visit John B.

12:00 noon

810411-1200a Sue, Sheila, Greg, Johnny and Dana arrive home in Keddie. Tina had remained home and was there upon their return.

810411-1200a Justin goes to the Sharp house and he and Ricky ride bikes until about 6:00 pm.

1:30 pm

810411-1330a Johnny puts on a purple jogging suit with white stripes and headband. Dana is wearing the same thing. Both hitchhike to Quincy.

12:00 Noon – 3:00 pm

810411-1200a John B. says Johnny and Dana came to his place between noon and 3 p.m. They left at about 3 and said they were going to the Foster Home and then to Keddie.

Then we have all this:

1:30 pm

Johnny puts on a purple jogging suit with white stripes and headband. Dana is wearing the same thing. Both hitchhike to Quincy.
Sheila said that she, Ricky and her mother picked up Johnny and Dana at Gansner Park and drove home. Approximate time: 1:30 p
Johnny and Dana start hitchhiking into town, states Justin. Approximate time: 1:30 p
Richard M. states that he, Johnny and Dana visited John B. at Brown's Trailer Park. (afternoon)
"Sparky" 175-200 lbs, brown straight collar length hair. Wore blue jeans and a Harley-Davidson shirt and jacket. He was at John B's home with Richard M, Johnny, and Dana (1:30 p - 2:00 p)
Johnny and Dana leave the B. residence. They tell John B. that they are going to the foster home and then to Keddie. (afternoon)

What I can make of this is that Ricky and Justin probably got a ride home from the ballpark with somebody else.

I'd also like to know HOW the cops did not hammer out these OBVIOUS discrepancies and duly correct the timeline so it was accurate. I mean, I get not being able to recall stuff 30 years later? But all concerned at the time would have known exactly what they did yesterday, and when.

Ffs. Anyhow, I'm hunting around for mention of this time frame, including backup from Mrs Meeks about how long Sue was at her house.

I'd like to know where the report of Sheila saying John and Dana were picked up at 1.30 came from.
Last edited by Ausgirl on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ausgirl

Postby Ausgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Some questions -- any help at all in nailing this stuff down would be great. I'm not looking for speculation, here.

- What time did Johnny and Richard leave the Meeks house?

- How long was Sue at the Meeks house that morning? When did she arrive, and when did she leave?

- Who gave Ricky and Justin a ride home, and at what time?

- What time, exactly, did Sue pick John and Dana up?

- Who, exactly, was in Sue's car when she left Quincy?

- Did Sue stop off anywhere on the way home?
Ausgirl

Postby Ausgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:31 pm

From transcript of deleted scene from DVD1: Mrs Meeks speaking re Marilyn.
She was wanting, she was scared of him, she wanted, she wanted to be with Wade, OK.

Thanks, Kitty for that. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=728

So there's Wade and Marilyn being hooked up prior to the murders. That's what it says, right there.

Mrs. Meeks also made the "Marilyn probably already had her hooks in him" comment on the old board. I'd say there was no 'probably' about it.
Ausgirl

Postby bliss » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:53 pm

I have almost all but quit reading the boards and participating much in awhile. just pop in every few weeks to see if theres anything really new.
and I must admit, part of it due to the constant use of foul language and name calling of people not on the board.
I think the points can be made with calling Lake all those names. everyone knows what he is.
but it does make it hard sometimes to read.

D.. I know and appreciate how much work you put on this case. too bad you weren't around at the time of the murders and maybe this case would not have turned out the way it did.
But perhaps if you want Dee or some other locals to participate, the name calling and cussing could be cut back a little?

And while we're on the topic of the Meeks, my opinion is that they are named more than Marty and Bo, IS SIMPLE.. they had a full family connection.
does it mean they had any guilty associations? doubtful.
they were just like a part of the family, so obviously, their names will be coming up a lot more.
I think Richard has been through more than his share of accusations in this case. and the whole family has willingly shared so much information, that they didnt have to, but they love Sheila and want this solved for her.
I think a little respect should be given for all the info they have supplied.
bliss

Postby dmac » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm not accusing, I'm flagrantly stating I've misunderstood key things for years. I have never said the Meeks are involved, but they are likely pivotal to understanding the motives of the crime. We at least know Marty Bo and Loon were involved and that the Meeks home was a crucial connection where the victims and killers either hung out or habitated. The Meeks connection demands full attention, just like everything else. I believe we have to understand every risk factor of the victims before we understand why Marty, Bo, and others concocted and committed this terrible crime. Unfortunately, it means the Meeks need to be discussed very closely, and with more respect than perhaps I've shown in recent posts. I'm NOT accusing them at all of being involved, but the stories don't add up, just as the Loonibi doesn't.

I'm not trying to victimize anybody again, and I'm sorry if my colorful language is too arrogant or assholy for this forum. But to ignore the Meeks mystery is ignoring yet another elephant in the room, just as I- and many others- have ignored many other elephants along the line.

If you expect my language to change about Dee Lake or others in the hopes they become active members here, you are out of your mind. No damned way. When, exactly, have any of these maggots been helpful to the case? The interview with Dee is about a decade old, and he probably considers it the single-most stupid thing he's done to expose his actions on April 12 1981. You think my words will impact his brain?

As for the Meeks being mentioned so often? Where? Not on the PCSO timelines, for instance. I simply don't see your point as reflecting the real timelines or the facts. The Meeks have almost been obliterated from the PCSO version of events- not the Josh work. And, once again, PCSO spends 99% of it's time on the "OFFICIAL TIMELINE" rewalking every single step Dana and/or Johnny took, yet it clearly shows PCSO and DOJ ignored the 180 degree disparity between Richard's and Sheila's versions. They don't even mention that JOHNNY BEGAN THE DAY AT THE MEEKS HOUSE!!!! HE MAGICALLY APPEARS IN QUINCY AS A HITCH-HIKER! If calling that out makes me fall victim to claims I'm being disrespectful, so goddamned be it. Any damned elephant in the room needs to be looked at, and I'll weather any storm your change of heart about me brings. That's not a personal attack, it's a fact.

I hope you care enough about the case to do the right thing and put me on your ENEMY list so you no longer see my posts. Anybody can do that and carry on their involvement here without my supposed ugly influence. You bring a lot to this case, bliss. Keep it up.

Oh, and by the way, why are you angry with anything I've recently said about Dee Lake when you thanked me for making far more direct statements elsewhere, including this post nearly a year ago? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=413&p=5523
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby bliss » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:28 pm

My understanding, and this needs verified by Josh, that Dee Lakes interview was fairly recent, not a decade ago.
and yes, I do agree about D.L.'s involvement, but I just have a hard time reading between the angry posts.My personal feeling is he is guilty as the day is long.
I do feel your anger with words is passion
so please don't misunderstand that.
I really have nothing of late to contribute. I am not going to put in the time to investigate Bo and all the recent things being done.
But I do appreciate coming in once a week or so to read any progress and hope something within PCSO will change, but I doubt it ever will.
bliss

Postby dmac » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah, I think you're right= the Lake interview was likely somewhere around 2007-2009, yet I have no doubt he considers his interview a mistake on the scale of bloody fingerprints left on a glass at the crime scene. He will never post here, in fact, unless our calling him out makes his ego go into crisis mode, as it does Spencey Smartt. But Dee Lake is a different brand of stupid than Spencey.

PCSO will certainly never change their minds. There has been zero respectable leadership in Plumas that I've ever found, and the woeful history of overturned sheriffs in that county tells more than I ever could about how they are looked upon by peers, politicians, and voters alike. The average time a Plumas sheriff has lasted in the last fifty years is well under one single full term. Given the low ebb of America as a whole today, I don't expect Plumas to make a landmark turnaround as a hotbed of political brilliance, and that's what it would take for PCSO to give one good god damn about this case.

Given the months-long drought on any new information, I feel the case has made incredible strides by thorough reassessment of what little we have. The biggest real new intel in months is McClish, who Aus went to extraordinary lengths to bring on board. All he's done is reassess stuff at our disposal, but what an amazing development it has been. His logic and methods have caused many of us to re-examine the "same old crap" with fresh eyes. I've caught many contradictions and lies using his methods, including the fact Bo outright said he knows where the murders happened when he'd denied it so many times earlier in the same interview.

There is a lot to learn from really looking at what we already have. For instance, when I started making new timelines based on all the files at our disposal, I immediately came to understand the depth of truth and bull much better than ever before. I don't think reading the Marty or Bo timelines that resulted from that work will mean as much to anybody else since they didn't physically put them together. It's simply not possible to read that many files and extrude only details relevant to a particular timeline without getting a much larger picture of what was really going on.

This case is HUGE, and it's borders extend far beyond Cabin 28, Keddie, Quincy, or Plumas. And, yes, it's just as hopeless as you can imagine.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't read this entire thread since I made the initial post, which did NOT turn out as I had intended. I wanted it to throw many facts and points about the Meeks saga together, but not in such a rambling fashion. I've made more posts than most, and most of them are sub-par, but I do try to inject some facts in alongside the self deprecation, ugly humor, very occasional uglier language, and yet uglier truths about the ugliest thing on the table: this case of murder. It is far uglier than any language I, nor any other, can assemble.

Getting back on point:

Chichibcc wrote:What exactly did Spencer say concerning "The Meeks Theory?"

I have posted here some of Spenceypoo's emails to me, as well as an email Jesse sent which pasted a Spenceypoo missive about his theory on the case. I've also been able to uncover bits of the old Jesse forum, which included a few of his various rants and theories. Between them- and I don't know if I've posted it yet- Spencey goes on a tear about how it was the Meeks who conspired and killed. He goes into graphic details about who did what and why, and I doubt I posted it because it is such pure BULL. However, I do feel Spencey and Keller had some meeting of the minds, in which the Marty/Bo theory was scrapped in favor of a Meeks angle, which Keller has since scrapped and reverted to the Marty/Bo conclusion. However it went down, the timing was suspicious and the results alarming: Keller's house of cards imploded, he withdrew his self-published tome, and has periodically reminded us he is on the cusp of a breakthrough. No harm, no foul, Dave Keller- I really mean no disrespect, but let's be honest about the facts. You could quite likely shed a lot of light on this forum, but aren't you just cherry-picking our work for your latest script? Fair play to those who play fairly, but you seem to be here only for your own benefit.

Spencey also claims Marty likely ripped off drugs and the murders are mistaken identity- wrong cabin, Marty was the intended victim for stealing a "trunkload of dope". Yes, trunkload. Ring a bell? All of Spencey's crap is transparent stupidity. He has all kinds of theories, all of which prove he was trying to manipulate folks away from the facts: Marty Smartt is a murderer, and Spencey wants to hide it.

I'll end up posting what I've been able to unearth from the depths of the long-lost Jesse forum, but I cannot yet figure out a way to do so cohesively. It's a complex issue of trying to archive what I've found in a way that mirrors, as closely as possible, that forum, that time. It needs to be assembled as a subforum here for archive-only purposes, which we can refer to and quote from, but it's a tangled mess. And it may damned well hold several keys, if we apply it to what we've figured out in the last twelve months.

Unlike most, I'm amazed by the progress we've made in the past months. As Chi has pointed out several times, we've done more solid work in a shoddy weekend than PCSO has done in the last thirty years. We now need to ask some very tough questions to unravel what the hell led up to the murders and who else was involved.

And, yes, that means we must unravel the Meeks mystery. There is protection going on, which is the genesis of the lies. Look at who from the Meeks clan has spoken- in fact, who has done the majority of the talking- and who has not spoken. Look, then, at what they say- McClish it. Look again at the strange story of Philip, and re-read all the entries about him.

Sheila, I understand not recalling what you told PCSO in 81, but the direct question is do you recall picking up Ricky and Justin at Gansner ball field, then picking up Johnny and Dana, as they hitch-hiked? That would put six or seven people into that small sedan your mom had, so it would have been a memorable ride because it was not only the day prior to the killings- the last time you rode in a car with Johnny or Dana- but it would have meant some kids were likely sitting on laps. Did it happen, as it appears on the PCSO timeline? Did Johnny and Dana really go to Keddie with you, then hitchhike back to Quincy after eating lunch? Or were they with Richard at the Baze's that day?

To put my interest in this case in better perspective, I'll mention I read about it during a bad time in my life. My best friend had just been killed with another good friend, and this news article about the Keddie case stuck in my mind because it was all the same day. I still recall exactly how much of that week of my life went down, perhaps more than any other of my life. It took a week before they unplugged him and he died, then another week for the funeral, and that time was torture to me. And my parents treated me like crap for not working the yard because my friend was dying or maybe I was sad because he died. Yep, I had it good, just like most of us. It is still ingrained in my memory, even all the regretfully bad jokes the neighbor's dad told on the way to the funeral. I don't recall one damned thing about the 24 hours prior to these main events of my life, but...

One of my supposed points being, this incongruous bit about Johnny and Dana being picked up as hitchhikers by Sheila and Sue, Ricky, Greg, and Justin? I recall exactly the last time my best friend and I were together, it was the Friday (April 10) prior as we left our art class and we were splitting up to catch the bus. I never saw him again alive. And I have never gone to a funeral since, it is the ugliest way of remembering a friend I can think of. I'm not trying to imprint false memories, but I certainly remember the last time I saw my best friend alive. As only Richard's or Sheila's variations on where Johnny and or Dana were that day, perhaps asking the simple question would help?

Sheila, when was the last time you saw Johnny alive?

The Bazes stand out: Sue goes out with this guy, who proposes on the first date? Evidently, it was NOT a joke, which is the only way to make him NOT look like a nut-job. Sue has him over to 28 the following night for dinner, according to records, but they break up for undisclosed reasons. Yet Johnny, Richard, Dana, and Baze's son are hanging out at the Baze trailer (a few feet from where the Sharps lived when they were in Don's old trailer), So, who are the Bazes?

Who was Johnny and Dana with most of the day before the murders? Where was Bo and Marty, in particular? Did a green truck with Marty as an occupant really pick them up, as Philip describes? Others saw a green truck in Keddie, some say it was parked out front of cabin 28. Did Jan Albin see it? What, exactly, did the Albins and Hogas see or not see? They are key to this and, just like the other owner, they are spared any ugly treatment the PCSO might bring. It seems some people were above not only scrutiny but the disgrace of being asked simple questions about a crime they were partial witness to.

Let's look at the autopsy findings, too, and let's get direct quotes. How did they say it? No drugs or alcohol were found in the systems of any victim. We saw it in newspaper reports, but we only see body tissues and fluids were taken for testing- that's directly from the autopsy reports. We never saw whether the tests were conducted, nor the results. We have nothing showing they ever tested for it, and we now know DOJ will make claims based on tests they never conducted, or tests that were inconclusive or complete failures. "NO DNA MATCH" could mean, for instance, they never spun the blood sample for DNA, never ran a single test for a DNA match, never bothered to try to match the results, the computer malfunctioned, or somebody unplugged the fridge. "NO DNA MATCH" must be considered a failure by DOJ to run the necessary tests just as much as it's supposed to mean there really is no match. That is an UGLY fact. We can no longer accept what we think we know as fact, because we never McClished what we've thought to be true.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 am

dmac wrote:Spencey goes on a tear about how it was the Meeks who conspired and killed. He goes into graphic details about who did what and why, and I doubt I posted it because it is such pure BULLSHIT.

Yes, it is.....and Spencer failed to explain, with his little theory, what reason the Meeks would have for doing this in the first place....what could the motive possibly be? That's why I never really considered the family to be involved....what would they have gotten out of committing this crime? It makes no sense.

But it's not a total surprise....Spencer would probably even blame the neighbor's dog for the murders if it got his brother off the hook.
Chichibcc

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Do we even know where the "purple jogging suit" thing came from? Is it reliable? It could be just another bit of bullshit that's come down the line as fact when it's not. Not like that hasn't happened before. Conjecture over street lights is really useless, though, imo - because it was listed under the daytime portion of the timeline, yeah?

As for Wade Meeks' possible involvement -- I have tried, trust me, out of respect to the relationship between the Meeks and the Sharps, to distance him from that possibility. But I can't. I cannot. He was as -- if not more -- involved with Bo & Marty as Dee Lake around that time. He was sleeping with the main suspect's wife, he was shouted at by the main suspect regarding some missing drugs, he was the person they all came to see right after the murders. He drove Boubede to the bus station, for god's sake. His alibi for the night of the murders are members of his own family, the company of a schizoid drunk who claims to have witnessed part of the crime, and another kid who also slept with the main suspect's wife.

I just cannot rule him out as being involved, in some way. I'm sorry if that upsets folks. But jeez, c'mon... I think some hardcore scrutiny there is pretty much warranted.
Ausgirl

Postby Eastern » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 pm

I think this was talked about in chat, but not posted - Bo's niece said he wore sunglasses all the time, even at night. Could very well be that they did have sunglasses on in cabin 28; at least initially. Might also be Justin's way of giving a clue as to who the killers were without naming them when he described them as wearing sunglasses - describe the guy who everyone knows wears sunglasses all the time.
Eastern

Postby dmac » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Ausgirl wrote:Do we even know where the "purple jogging suit" thing came from? Is it reliable? It could be just another bit of bullshit that's come down the line as fact when it's not.

Purple is mentioned on timeline A:
810411-1330a Johnny puts on a purple jogging suit with white stripes and headband. Dana is wearing the same thing. Both hitchhike to Quincy.

However, the suit is royal blue. I've color-corrected a color photo I have of Johnny on the floor and it is a dark blue. It also matches the color shown in a photo I have of Johnny bowling shortly before the murders: he's wearing the jacket and it's definitely a dark blue. Not only is that entry in question because the color is wrong, but Dana was not wearing a jogging suit and it seems Johnny and Dana may never have been picked up by Sue, so they may never have been in Keddie at all on the 11th, much less had lunch there and hitched back to Quincy.

This seems to be the sole source naming the blue jogging suit as purple.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby CuriousKitty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:22 am

Purple is mentioned on timeline A:

However, the suit is royal blue...

I assumed by Justin's statement about Dana "wearing the same thing," he wasn't referring to twinning Johnny but rather he was wearing the same thing as he had arrived to the Sharps in. No mention is made of Dana changing, just Johnny; hence, my understanding is that Dana left wearing "the same thing" he had arrived in, without changing.

I need caffeine...I hope that makes sense to someone besides me :oops:
The truth is rarely pure...and never simple (Oscar Wilde)
CuriousKitty

PreviousNext

Return to meeks